Rishi Salon & Spa's covid 19 protocols
As we transition back into serving our clients during the Covid19 pandemic, we have instituted an enhanced series of health and wellness protocols for your safety. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these new protocols so that when you come for your service, we can safely and efficiently serve you.
For faster check-in upon your arrival, feel free to download, print, and fill out the Health & Safety Questionnaire located at the top of this page.
Client Arrival Protocol:
- First and foremost, we ask that you bring your own mask and wear it at all times while you are in the salon. It is now required by state law for you to wear a mask while you are in public. A good source for purchasing inexpensive face masks is Etsy https://www.etsy.com/market/face_mask.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment time to make the check in process faster and easier.
- In keeping with state and federal guidelines we will be limiting our occupancy to a total of 19 people at a time, including staff and clients. The front door will remain locked with only four clients allowed into the building at one time. We ask that you please call the salon coordinator at (919) 928-0028 to let them know you have arrived (Don’t worry! There will be detailed check-in instructions and our phone number posted on the door). You can also now check in directly from the Vagaro App. With the high number of appointment requests we have already received, we are expecting a high volume of phone calls, so please be patient with us as we navigate through this process.
- Please fill out the Health and Safety Questionnaire that will be provided for you on the table outside (if you haven't already downloaded and filled it out).
- Please wait outside until your service provider is ready for you. There will be a waiting area set up outside our front door, and someone will open the door for you when your service provider is ready for you.
- When you enter the building we will ask you to sanitize your hands, and then we will take your temperature and record the result on the form you already filled out. We are using the Mayo Clinic's definition of "normal", which ranges from 97-99 degrees. Anyone that has a temperature of 99.5 (37.5 Celsius) degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter our space (Please be aware that any rigorous exercise within 30 minutes of your arrival could elevate your temperature). If your temperature is elevated upon your arrival, you will be asked to wait a few minutes and then we will take your temperature again. If it is still above 99.5, then you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. This is simply a precaution for everyone’s safety!
Other Health and Wellness Protocols For Everyone's Safety:
- To reiterate, all clients must wear a mask while in the salon. If you get your hair colored, please make sure to bring a face mask that can get hair color on it. We will not be responsible for hair color getting on any masks (you know it's going to happen!). Again, a good source for purchasing inexpensive face masks is Etsy https://www.etsy.com/market/face_mask
- A newly cleaned cape will be used for each client, and all service provider stations will be thoroughly disinfected between EVERY appointment for your health and safety!
- All staff members will have their temperature taken when they arrive for work in the morning. If it is found that any of our staff has a fever, they will be sent home immediately and all of their appointments will be rescheduled.
- All staff and all service providers will be required to wear a mask throughout your entire service. Please let management know immediately if your service provider is not wearing a mask.
- For safety reasons, we will not be offering facials or makeup services until further notice.
- Our lobby will be closed until further notice in order to adhere to the 10 person occupancy limit. We ask that you please come to your appointment alone and that if someone is waiting for you, they do so outside or stay in their car. **Please note** that the ONLY exceptions for this will be if there is a caretaker accompanying someone that needs assistance, or a parent or guardian for a minor child that has an appointment. Please tell the salon coordinator in advance of your appointment that there will be a parent or caretaker present during the appointment so that we can take steps to stay within the 19 person occupancy limit. Please also note that EVERYONE entering our space will be required to wear a mask, have their temperature taken, and fill out our Health and Safety Questionnaire.
- Children are only permitted to be in the salon if they have an appointment. We ask that only one parent at a time accompany the child during the appointment in order to adhere to our 19 person occupancy limit. Please note that your child must be wearing a mask, and you will have to fill out a separate Health and Safety Questionnaire for you and for the child, and both of you will have your temperature taken.
- If you have had any respiratory problems, illness, stomach issues, or fever of any kind within 72 hours of your appointment, we respectfully request that you call and reschedule.
- Please let us know if you have traveled out of the state of North Carolina within the 14 days prior to your appointment. We strongly encourage our clients to be mindful of traveling to or through states that have already lifted restrictions without meeting the CDC Covid 19 guidelines for safely reopening. We reserve the right to refuse your appointment if you have traveled to a state that still has a high and/or increasing rate of Covid 19 infection.
- Please try to avoid using cash for transactions and tips. If you’d like to tip your service provider, they all use mobile payment services for your convenience and this information will be posted at your service provider’s station.
- We will no longer be providing our standard food and beverage concessions until it is safe to do so, and we ask that you not bring food into the salon. We will have water and sodas available for purchase. Simply ask your service provider or the salon coordinator. You may bring your own beverage in a container that has a lid.
- We ask that you check in and enter the salon through the front door, and to use the back door as an exit. This limits the number of clients coming into contact with one another in our lobby.
- The bathrooms inside the salon will be for employees only. There is a bathroom available for you to use in the main hallway of the building, which is located right outside our back door.
- If you need to purchase products, please ask your service provider or the receptionist for assistance. Please do not touch any products or testers during your visit.
- At the end of your appointment, you can book your next appointment with your service provider, and check out will be done by the salon coordinator at your service provider’s station on a mobile device. In these busy times, we highly suggest pre-booking your next appointment and securing a spot!
We understand that these protocols may seem cumbersome and even a little overboard, but this has to be our new normal until this pandemic has weakened or until there is a widely available vaccine. We greatly appreciate your patience and adherence to these new safety protocols. Our only goal is to do everything in our power to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible.
We can't wait to see all of you!
The Rishi Salon & Spa Family